Responsible for assisting project manager, engineers, draftspersons and other technicians in designing, developing and improving new or existing products.
1. Performs hands-on assembly of prototypes.
2. Test prototypes for performance and quality.
3. Prepares sketches for prototyping and detailing.
4. Performs detailed recording of data and other daily work.
5. Assists in each phase of design and development of new or modified products.
6. Builds special fixtures and test equipment.
7. Helps maintain a neat and orderly work area.
8. Assists in the cleaning, calibration and storage of tools and equipment.
9. Prepares accurate parts lists for use in formal documentation.
10. Drafts assembly and test procedures.
11. Assist Production Assembly as required.
12. Performs other assigned duties.
High school graduate or equivalent and minimum of 2 years technical/vocational education in engineering, electronics, manufacturing or related area; must be familiar with manufacturing processes, use of electronic test equipment, analyze mechanical prints & tolerances, sketching, layout and drafting work; good computer skills (especially Excel - SAP experience preferred); good communications skills.